To challenge the status quo to achieve gender equity using an intersectional lens.
Gender matters. Gender influences almost every part of our lives, including self-identity, access to opportunities, academic and career choices, and success. We constantly should be viewing topics through a gendered lens. Find out more about gender by attending one of our events!
Did you know...
- Only 23% of all Distinguished Professors at KU are women, compared to 24% three years ago.
- Of the 165 members of the Kansas Legislature, only 40 are women.
- Only 3 of the 14 Kansas Court of Appeals Judges are women.
- Of Kansas families with a single-female head of household, 31% live below the poverty level.
- Median earnings in Kansas for women are just 77% of what median earnings are for men.
What We Do. The ETC provides services, assistance, advocacy and support to campus community members of all genders. We provide presentations to classes and student organizations on topics related to gender, including, understanding gender/gender equity, healthy relationships, and/or men and masculinities. Fill out a presentation request form here.
We also honor people who work towards gender equity through several of our programs like Women's Hall of Fame and Men of Merit Reception.
Lastly, we are here to always be a listening ear. We understand that college can be tough, and we are here to be a resource for the entire KU community.
We all need to be a part of the solution to end all forms of sexual violence. Looking for ways to get involved? Have thoughts, solutions or concerns you want to voice? Find out how to be part of the solution.