Mini Zine Workshop Series
The Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity presents...
Monthly Mini Zine Mondays
Learn how to make your own mini zines!
January 22, February 19, March 12, April 16
ECM - 1204 Oread Ave.
What is a zine you ask?
- Physical printed self published creations that can consists of a single sheet of paper or over 100.
- Independently made for the love of creating and rarely make a profit.
- Can be created by one person or with a group of people.
- Usually are photocopied, but can be offset, letterpress, or even mimeograph printed.
- Contents can be anything you would like: personal stories, political ideologies, music related writing, gardening tips, jokes, lists of things you like or don't like, travel stories, comics, photography, fiction, drawings, anything else you can think of.
- Made by a diverse spectrum of people throughout the world from all ages and walks of life. People who make zines can build and participate in communities that celebrate the tangible written word and support each others efforts to do so.
If you have a disability and you wish to request accommodations for this event, please contact the KU Office of Disability Resources as soon as possible. They provide accommodation and services to all students who are eligible. Their office is located in 22 Strong Hall; their phone number is 785-864-2620 (V/TTY). Contact must be made at least 5 business days before the event to insure accommodation can be provided.