Mini Zine Workshop Series
The Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity presents...
Monthly Mini Zine Mondays
Learn how to make your own mini zines!
September 11th, October 9th, November 11th, and December 11th
Wescoe 4038 - 3:30-6:00pm
What is a zine you ask?
- Physical printed self published creations that can consists of a single sheet of paper or over 100.
- Independently made for the love of creating and rarely make a profit.
- Can be created by one person or with a group of people.
- Usually are photocopied, but can be offset, letterpress, or even mimeograph printed.
- Contents can be anything you would like: personal stories, political ideologies, music related writing, gardening tips, jokes, lists of things you like or don't like, travel stories, comics, photography, fiction, drawings, anything else you can think of.
- Made by a diverse spectrum of people throughout the world from all ages and walks of life. People who make zines can build and participate in communities that celebrate the tangible written word and support each others efforts to do so.