- 1928 June 17-18, became first woman to fly across the Atlantic as a passenger. During this time, Amelia was also the first woman to make a solo round-trip flight across the United States.
- 1930, set women's speed record of 181 miles per hour.
- 1932 May 20-21, became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic.
- June 21, 1932 received the National Geographic Society's Special Gold Medal
- 1935 January 11-12, became first person to fly solo from Honolulu, Hawaii to Oakland, California
- 1937, Amelia's record flight around the world along the equator, before disappearing with her navigator after covering more than 22,000 miles (two-thirds of her total flight).