Toni Morrison Memorial Library
The Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity houses the Toni Morrison Memorial Library, which contains nearly 400 books and comprises autobiographies, memoirs, biographies, fiction, and nonfiction.
Named in honor of renowned author and Nobel prize-winner Toni Morrison at the time of her passing in 2019, our collection explores topics related to feminism, women, and gender, including:
- Abolition Feminisms
- Black, Women of Color & Third World Women’s Feminisms
- Body Image, Beauty Culture & Fat Studies
- Feminist Activists & Theorists
- History of U.S. Feminist Movements
- Marxist & Socialist Feminisms
- Sex, Sexuality & Reproductive Justice
- Speculative Fiction & Horror
- Trans Lives, Issues, History & Theory
- Women, Mass Media & Representation
- Women Musicians
- And More!
If you would like to recommend we purchase a book for inclusion in our library or you are interested in donating a book to our collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more on the importance of uplifting Morrison's memory and remembering her legacy, see "In Memoriam: Toni Morrison" by Jennifer Wilmot for The Project on the History of Black Writing.