Scholarships & Aid for Parents
Childcare Grants and Budget Adjustments
- Student-parents that pay for childcare may increase their budget to account for these additional expenses.
- Increasing their budget then allows the student to have additional aid to help pay for childcare.
- This process does not guarantee there will be additional funding opportunities to help the student pay for childcare, however a student will always be contacted with their options after the adjustment is made.
- See Childcare Grants and Budget Adjustments in the Financial Aid & Scholarships Policy Library for details.
Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Childcare Grant
- The University of Kansas Student Senate allocates funds from the EOF for programs on the Lawrence campus.
- Financial Aid & Scholarships must apply for funds to support the child care grant on an annual basis.
- Child care costs are added to the estimated cost of attendance (COA)
- See Educational Opportunity Fund Childcare Grant on the Financial Aid & Scholarships website for details.
Terri Knoll Johnson Award
- This award was established by Dr. Kelly Johnson to honor his wife Terri, who died of breast cancer in 2005.
- This award is designated to support current full time KU students who are a parent/guardian to a minor child and identify as woman (cis or trans).
- Please find out more about this award on the Terri Knoll Johnson Award page.