Policies for Pregnant & Parenting Students & Staff
Academic Accommodation for New Parents
- Enables graduate students who are new parents to maintain their student status and to facilitate their full participation in coursework, research, and clinical training.
- See Academic Accommodation for New Parents for details.
Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Entitles you to take unpaid, job-protected leave for certain family and medical reasons, and continue group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if you had not taken leave.
- See Family & Medical Leave for details.
Children in the Workplace
- Provides guidance for creating a supportive working climate for employees to meet family obligations and to outline when children can appropriately be at the workplace.
- See Children in the Workplace for details.
- Provides eligible faculty and staff with paid leave for the birth or adoption of children up to 6 years of age, or the placement of foster children at any age.
- See Parental Leave for details.
Break Time for Nursing Mothers
- Requires employers to provide reasonable break time for an employee to express milk for a nursing child for one year after the child's birth each time such employee has need to express the milk.
- Requires employers to provide a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express milk.
- See Break Time for Nursing Mothers for details.