- Author of two-volume book Women Composers: A checklist of works for solo voice cataloguing over 3700 female composers of 74 nationalities from the beginning of recorded history
- Work lauded as the he most comprehensive source of its kind
- Wide critical acclaim for her vocal performances with the Symphonies of Cleveland, St. Louis, Chicago, and Oklahoma City
- Vocalist for the New York City Opera, Broadway productions, and international recitals in Germany, Wales, Canada, and Mexico.
- Hosted national conference on women in music at KU
- Well known for her artistic insight and innovative approaches to performing and teaching