- Trailblazer for women in the field of Engineering and Engineering faculty
- Secured nearly $1 million for the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering for research design and analysis of chemical processes
- Recipient of a prestigious five-year research grant from the National Institute of Health.
- Instrumental in establishing a strong connection between Hillcrest School and KU's Engineering Department
- 1994: Recipient of the Ned Fleming Award for Outstanding Classroom Teaching
- 1995: Winner of the University's Honors for Outstanding Progressive Educator (HOPE) Award